First, I’m in Virginia, poor planning has me missing any major updates before the grading, but I will be back Sunday, and between Dec. 22 and January 5, there will be some major updates to the current work in progress.
Here’s where I am with each project:
1. Mister Loop.com
What’s done: the main animation
What’s not done: a list of 33 edits below
What’s done: boards, sound, concept and idea
What’s not done: I am currently creating a visual for each line of the speech, which I will animate the inbetweens of.
Also it’s worth noting that for me this semester was a lot about figuring out how to do things. Even though I’ve heard there will be less time in the spring, I’m confident my production will be higher than it was in the fall.
I am really happy with this video that I made using Cinema, which I did not know how to use at the beginning of the semester:
I did a bunch of different frame by frame photoshop animation tests this weekend. I am not good with walk / run cycles. It looked very bad. I was inspired by this album art from Damien Rice, and thought it would be cool to do something with the words in the speech and I came up with a new animation.
Here are some frames in progress.
I will have a video of this before tomorrow’s class.
My character looks like a Homer, and I have another round of edits:
- Have the camera track over to the island, so the island is coming into place, so the snowflakes will be moving across the screen. The clouds stay where they are. When the wind starts, the clouds move a little. And because it’s windy, the icicles should fall off to an angle. Apply wind to everything.
- Mountain top melts should go to the left.
Maybe the left one can just fly off.
- Have smoke move to the left with wind.
- Have pieces of wood fly off mountain.
- Split fire into tree separate pieces. So they can scale up at their own speed.
- During winter to spring earth fill / shake, have the whole island shaking,
like there’s an earth quake, and he’s looking around, he’s being bounced around the
island and then it all rests and that’s when stuff starts growing.
- Tree leafs should grow consecutively.
- Extra grass should grow with front grass.
- When trees start growing, mountain bottom should stop shaking.
- Springs can be in rest and animate mode. It should be a looping animation.
- He should be walking around the water in spring.
Have him walk circumference of the island. Don’t make it look like it’s flat surface.
It would be nice if he walks between trees. Give sense of dimension.
- As he’s walking he starts getting lower and lower in water, and then plunge in.
- Have him waving his hands a little bit earlier.
- When he falls in, have him falling in at an angle. From behind.
- On melting ice screams, don’t have their faces fade in.
They should have faces when the cream appears.
- When middle mountain is seen through trees, he should be looking at Jay.
- Instead of having drips off the ice scream, have them drip down into the water.
- Don’t have ice screams all melt at the same rate.
- Fix lines on everything.
- Have the sun appear from behind the island, changing the color of the sky
- Have the sun pull him out of the water and onto the island, throw him down hard.
- Get rid of the fish or give the fish more importance.
- Don’t have the chocolate and strawberry flying off. All three should melt
into the water and behind it is the mountains, they reveal the mountain
- The fall grass has to grow the same way
- While summer to fall is happening, clouds crash into each other and make the big angry baldy
- He looks weird flying by. Make him look better. Arms shorter? Have arms waving in front of him.